Monday, April 20, 2009

What do these words have in common?

fat
frumpy
grumpy teenager
depression
prom dress
girly roommates
vegan
dish rags
Mufasa
Simon Cowell
dead space
leather seats
whirlwind
the little things
odds are...
remember




Answer: I used all of them in my sacrement talk on Sunday! I wanted to work in the word vomit, but when it came time to writing I had forgotten how I wanted to use it.

The best part: afterwards, one of the coolest eleven-year-olds in the ward came up to me and said "I LOVED your talk!" Mission accomplished. Get the youth to pay attention to me long enough to drip some doctrine into their brains.

7 comments:

April said...

My mom said that your talk was great! She came home and told us all about it. I wish we would have been there to hear it!

Lara said...

I loved your talk too! You had me crying too if you didn't notice. I went home and told Mark that he missed a FANTASTIC sacrament meeting...he was home with our sick Landon.

LM said...

It was a really good talk, but I'm kinda glad you left out the word vomit!!!!

Linda said...

I loved your talks too, although I never took the opp to tell you Sunday! I am trying to live up to it and use it for an example in preparing MINE for Sunday. (Aren't you glad you're done!!!) Brian even said, "weren't those good Sacrament Mtg. talks?" And since he's usually dozing during the talks (: that was HIGH praise!

Nicole said...

I fixed the link! Sorry about that! I totally knew that too!

brittani c. said...

Who was the lucky person to select those words? I wish we were there to listen to your fabulous talk. It sure would've beat our fast/testimony meeting yesterday.

Cindy said...

Wish I could have been there!