Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sci-Fi Reality

Does anyone else feel like they are living in a science fiction thriller? At the touch of a button, I can peek into your life, see pictures of your kids, share in all your wonderful experiences.... I wonder what kinds of crazy identity theft stuff is in our future. It is nice to be able to share with college roommates, lifelong friends & family. But thanks to Blogger and the nice lists that everyone posts on their sidebars (excellent social networking), I no longer need to attend any of my high school reunions - I can just read their blogs. Who needs to talk to people face to face?!?

I include the cover of Fahrenheit 451 because it is my favorite sci-fi purely for the talking TVs on the wall. Bradbury hit that nail on the head.


5 comments:

Mel said...

You make a really good point. This stuff is very convenient and cool. My parents are jealous because I was telling them about all the people I have been able to be in contact with. My dad says he thinks it is great. I love it too.

CORDERMAN FAMILY said...

I too really enjoy being able to keep up with everyone's lives but it does weird me out a little.

Nicole said...

Ya, you won't be hearing from me ever again. Just keep updated yourself through my perfect pictures and words of wisdom!

It was good to see you in real life the other day! Can't wait to see their pictures!

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

you better plan on being at our reunion! The dates are October 12-14th if you haven't heard. I can keep you updated if you like.

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

I lied. The reunion is October 10-12. Be there!