Chris's parents returning from their mission in Sri Lanka. Avery has worn her new pink elephant t-shirt almost everyday since.The kitchen facelifting. I am almost done. I was hoping to pound it out in two days like "Trading Spaces" but we ran into a snag - the burglary - and the wallpapering was not as easy as I had dreamed it would be.
Our 6th anniversary. We spent the afternoon watching the Las Vegas Blackjacks rugby team beat Santa Monica. The game was fun and even ended in a brawl. Yahoo for angry Polynesians.
Easter Weekend in St. George, UT with Chris's parents. They have a timeshare on a golf course there. We went to the wildlife museum, hiked the Dixie bluff, played tennis, explored the golf course (after hours, of course) and went swimming, swimming, and more swimming. The pool was warm and so was the weather. The kids are fish.
Kiefer has gotten a strange rash. I've included the scariest looking pictures. We think it's hives, and that his skin is sensitive to someone else's detergent. No, I haven't taken him to a doctor. He has
no other symptoms and he acts fine. And honestly, I don't think I really trust doctors (no offense to anyone) or haven't really found one that I do trust. If it doesn't completely clear up soon, then I will. All this in the pictures has cleared up and was not even all on the same day. It is there one day and in another spot the next, so it does clear up pretty fast.
So, you wonder, why did I say I don't have any pictures, and then include pictures with this post? I have resorted to using my cell phone. Unbelievable, I know. I've always thought I needed a point-and-shoot that I could carry around with me all the time, so I didn't have to lug the SLR whenever I wanted to take pictures of , say the kids at the park. So now maybe we will buy a point-and-shoot. I have not yet bought a new SLR. I am debating between Canon and Nikon....
Oh, and for any friends who know Hillary - I posted her son's photos on my photo blog. Yes, I can still do portraits, thanks to friends who let me borrow their cameras

11 comments:
That rash is ultra scary! But I know what you mean about drs. I feel like they just throw out diagnosis and hope that they're right. But maybe you should go and just get some cream or something. yikes!
Life moves so quickly. It sounds like you had a great Easter. That rash is crazy, but all kids get some sort of one, and we all lived through it!
Good news. The rash is almost completely gone (knock on wood)
My mom gave this powdered clay from Redmond, Utah. It's actually a clay made from volcanic ash. Anyways, it has really cleared up the rash. I would much rather use something like volcanic ash that antibiotics. Chris calls my ideas "witch doctor medicine" but it works for us. This Redmond, Utah place must be pretty awesome. They make a tastey salt from ancient sea beds and this wonder clay.
Hey Jessica!!! It's Melinda. Three kids...oh my! I'm glad I found you guys. Your family is so cute. How is your sister doing? I havent heard from any of you in way too long. check out my blog for our family update. We are expecting our second kid SOON.
christensenfamily-moo.blogspot.com
Way to trust your insticts and save a fatty co-pay with the rash. Somehow I think 8-12 years of medical school should produce more than "guess and check" diagnosis skills!
Hey, I thought I would stop in and say hi. Here's my family blog if you ever want to check it out. www.kennyandgrace.blogspot.com
Yikes - the rash sounds like lots of fun, but I'm sure it's just what you say - temporary. Crazy about the robbery. I've become so complacent about not locking my doors (I live in Provo after all), but this is a good wake up call.
How's that rash doing?
A-hem, I respectfully disagree with your opinion of doctors. But I am glad that the rash is clearing up.
(This is actually Andrew, not brittani c.)
Andrew speaks!!! Hopefully Andrew will be a better doctor than the ones I have had experience with. The rash is completely gone. Kiefer never had any other symptoms and no one else has had any rashes, so I think we are all good!
Post a Comment