Sunday, May 4, 2008

Saturday is a Special Day

I (Jessica), being of not-so-sound mind and body, ran in a 5K race (3 miles). I did surprisingly well, despite only having "practiced" once. I have no desire to be a runner, but I knew that if I took longer than a half an hour, that meant I was s-l-o-w..... I managed to come in right under 30 minutes and placed first in my division!!! Ok, so there were only 2 other girls who were in my age bracket - I still beat them!


Say hello to my new couch. Chris found it at the local Masonic Temple yard sale. He said he saw them bring it out and he thought "I sure hope Jess doesn't see that!" It's in great condition, the fabric is clean, there are no tears, it's cute , and I can fit it in my house. (Our house is furniturely challenged) It may get reupholstered sometime down the road, but it's alright for now. I've always wanted a piece like this!

Riding the new Carousel at the District. Rides were free for the grand opening, so we rode twice. I'm not a big fan of paying an arm and a leg for carnival rides....

8 comments:

Hillary said...

Your couch looks cute! So is it replacing your other one or do you have 2 now?

CORDERMAN FAMILY said...

Wow, nice job...although I'm not surprised because you are Super Woman.

Cindy said...

Good job on the run! I am impressed!

MaryRC said...

I love your new couch! I've always wanted something like that, the woodwork is so appealing to me. I finally caved to the caveman and went for comfort, hence the enormous sectional currently inhabiting my living room. I must admit, it does nap well. Oh and congrats on beating the two chicks in your division, yay jessi!!

Grace said...

Cute couch! And how fun with the carosel (sp?) I didn't know they had built one there. Next time I'm in town I might take the kids out there.

Hey are you still doing weddings? Can you email me pricing? gracefulphotography@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Susan said...

Great job on the run! I love the new couch it is so you!

Nicole said...

I'm so impressed with your running skills! Well, maybe not so much RUNNING, but the timing! Are you kidding me? I would have passed out a mile down the road. It would have taken me so much longer to go 3 miles! Like. . . . . . . . .Oh, wait, I would NEVER DO THAT!!! EVER!!!

Nicole said...

Yeah, that batter in a can probably only makes like 20 pancakes, but when if you aren't feeding an army of kids, like you two are, its ok! And you're right, how could it be organic?!