Ok, I haven't bought gas in a while. In fact, the last time I did, the lady next to me said "Whoa! $2.89!!" We were all so pleased and amazed it was even that low (nice brainwashing, eh? We all think $2.89 is cheap). I was so shocked today to fill up my entire 40 gallon tank at $2.25 a gallon! (Thank you Costco). I had to keep checking my receipt to make sure I didn't misread anything. The sad thing is when we bought the suburban (3 years ago), gas was already at $2.79, so I've never known any different with this big mama vehicle. This is the lowest I've paid for gas with the burb!! (I have however bought gas at 92cents the winter before we got married. Good thing too, since at any given time one of us was driving 60 miles round trip to see each other every day!) With gas this "low", we should all take a road trip! Now, if only we could get our IRA's to go back up.... (sigh)
Monday, November 10, 2008
$2.25 a Gallon?!?!?!?
Ok, I haven't bought gas in a while. In fact, the last time I did, the lady next to me said "Whoa! $2.89!!" We were all so pleased and amazed it was even that low (nice brainwashing, eh? We all think $2.89 is cheap). I was so shocked today to fill up my entire 40 gallon tank at $2.25 a gallon! (Thank you Costco). I had to keep checking my receipt to make sure I didn't misread anything. The sad thing is when we bought the suburban (3 years ago), gas was already at $2.79, so I've never known any different with this big mama vehicle. This is the lowest I've paid for gas with the burb!! (I have however bought gas at 92cents the winter before we got married. Good thing too, since at any given time one of us was driving 60 miles round trip to see each other every day!) With gas this "low", we should all take a road trip! Now, if only we could get our IRA's to go back up.... (sigh)

3 comments:
Dang it! I was going to get gas on Saturday at Costco but ran out of time/patience and just went home. When I got it yesterday in BC it was $2.43. Oh well, it still was only $36 to fill my tank which is a vast improvement (although I do remember when spending $36 on a tank of gas used to make me angry!)
It's about $1.83 over here. I know, I know, just envy us. It's not nearly as nice as the days when we paid about 90 cents a gallon during the high school years. I doubt we'll get back to those prices.
Puke, $1.83. Well, even remotely close to $2 is better that pushing $4 I guess....
Post a Comment