Girl Classmate: Jared!!! WAIT!!!
Girl runs up to him with arms outstretched.
Girl kisses my son on the cheek. (Husband is hearing/reading this story for the first time. His jaw drops.)
Son blushes and laughs.
Son: That's Reagan. (Who??? I've never met this girl!!!)
We keep walking across the blacktop...
Girl Classmate Named Reagan: Bye Jared! You can come over for a sleepover!!
Uhhhhh.... Reagan's mom and I both shake our heads and continue walking our children in opposite directions...

8 comments:
Oh my! Girls are getting more and more aggressive. :) She is a smart girl though. Jared is a good catch. :)
Well duh, what did you expect? Haven't you ever seen how cute Jared is? I remember when the little girls were chasing Silas on the kindergarten playground. I was mortified. Now that he's turning 16 in 5 months I'm truly horrified!
Good luck....let me know if you find out any secrets to keep those girls away!
Ha, wow. Look on the bright side--you're not the mother of the girl. That woman has her hands full.
All of a sudden I get Nelly Furtado's song "Promiscuous Girl" in my head...sleepovers, eh? ;)
Wow! Scary!
So I mentioned to Jared today that I heard he got a kiss from a girl the other day and he looked a little embarrassed and said "NO I didn't! I'm so fast, no girl can catch me!"
Wasn't my Raegan! Although in kindergarten she pursued a boy named Dane in front of all the moms... made sure that never happened again, at least in front of the moms.
Post a Comment