Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where in the world...

The subject of moving sometimes arises in our household. Mostly because after 28 summers of this blasted heat, the beautiful brown scenery, the life-sucking forces of the desert, and the fact that it's really hard to grow things here (if my carrots turn out this way, what will my kids end up like??), the grass is really really really looking greener on the other side.
Enter conversation from the other night -
Chris: {So-and-so} says {these towns} are good family towns and {this one} is fun, but it's full of hippies.
Jess: Ooooh, perfect!

Chris: What? You're not a hippie.

Jess: Are you kidding? You've been married to me for almost 8 years and you don't know that I'm a hippie?!?!?!

Sounds like Jessica's dreadlocks are due for a visit.
(Ok, yes, I'm a conservative hippie. If there is such a thing)
(Hmmm, there probably are too many hippies in that town...)

9 comments:

CORDERMAN FAMILY said...

We are definately NOT ready for you guys to move...but we totally understand the grass looking greener & cooler.

Lara said...

Yeah, I don't think I am ready for you guys to move -- just know when/if you do go, you will be sorely missed.

Nicole said...

Go! Get out! If you have the chance take it! The grass doesn't only LOOK greener, it IS greener and cooler and prettier and all around better! Do it! Don't forget to write!

Chris said...

Jess- I don't think Nicole likes you very much. What did you do?

brittani c. said...

I'm interested in seeing you wearing dreadlocks.
So...what places are you guys looking at?

Chris said...

Brittani - Jessi looks hot in dreadlocks - at least the ones she does. I don't think I could stand the real kind. She would have to sleep in our hammock.

Hillary said...

Ah, I would LOVE to live in that Bed & Breakfast. Where is it?

Jessica B Photography said...

OK, OK, all these pictures came from Asheville, North Carolina. I think NC sounds just about perfect: lush vegetation, bodies of water, civilization & small towns, rich history, not too far south that to be Confederate, but not too far north to be freezy cold.... I've looked at Mount Airy, NC. It's the original Mayberry!!! It seems like my kind of place.

(BTW there are no plans whatsoever to move. I am just daydreaming.)

MaryRC said...

Flagstaff Arizona... only 3.5 hours away..