Recently I was at my grandmother's house and she had the black Rubik's cube on her kitchen table. I think my kids were trying to play with it. She quickly took it away from them and then explained to me that my grandpa had made it (he past away last year). As you can see, all the colored stickers have been replaced with white circle stickers and made to look like a dice (a die?). My grandpa used to be a dealer in Vegas so it's quite appropriate that he would want to make a Rubik's cube look like a die. So the cube had gotten messed up (previously, not by my children) and my grandma, bless her heart, was trying to put it back together. Only she was trying to do it one side at a time. Anyone who knows knows it is impossible to solve that way. Amazingly she had three sides done. So I said, "Grandma, let me take that home and I will fix it for you." Now before you go thinking that I am absolutely brilliant, I do have an instruction booklet. I can get a Rubik's cube about halfway done and then I need the instructions to finish solving it. Sorry, I have not yet taken the time (I have 3 kids!!) to memorize how to solve it. However, I will one day and I will be great fun at social gatherings, so be sure to invite me. I have once solved a Rubik's cube on my own (without the instruction book). But that was in college, when I had lots of time to sit around doing absolutely nothing. (Don't tell my Dad I said that!)

8 comments:
That is such a cool story. Love the crazy pic of Chris :)
Do you mean you didn't spend hours prepping for Volleyball and Child Development?
Is my nose really that crooked?
Nice - I'm impressed that you'll even attempt it with or without the instruction booklet. I'd go berserk just trying after 2 minutes.
I think I did spend hours prepping for Child Devo. It's called cramming before a test!
Great story...love the pictures, Merry Christmas.
Wow, kudos to you, Jess. I have no patience to play around with it. Andrew knows that I will not sit down with him for very long to put together a jigsaw puzzle.
Yeah, Jessica! I am so happy to see your blog! I was just thinking about you. It seems like forever since we have talked. I am glad to see your new little one!
Post a Comment