I had intentions of putting the gingerbread experience on here and then didn't, then I saw Kara's blog, and so here we go....
I am the Candy Nazi. I confiscate promptly after any and all birthday party pinatas, easter egg hunts, trick-or-treating, etc. Unwrapping all those Smarties made me want to vomit.
I had made two little graham cracker houses, and when Jared woke up the next morning he said it was too small. So I quickly tried to make a big one, because bigger is better anyways right? Only I didn't glue it, I just used frosting and we didn't wait for the frosting to set and...
And this is what we ended up with. Notice the candy corn fence around the chicks and the rabbits out on the lawn.
Christmas Eve in Nevada. It was a very mild day. No snow here. I think there might still be a few green trees (that haven't dropped their leaves yet) around town.
And Happy New Year, as it is about that time. We don't have a big enough house to throw a party and no one else did, so we chilled at home. We ate pizza with Hillary & Aaron and played a card game until it was bedtime for the kids.

3 comments:
The kids look so addorable in the leave pile & I love the story about the gingerbread houses. Obviously Jared already has the male "Bigger is Better" attitude.
Your gingerbread house(s) kick the tar outta mine! Jordan is already planning out next years attempt- he likes your tootsie roll log pile and starburst path. New Year's Eve is ruff with small home and kids- I was asleep by 11pm-LAME!
Thank you! Chris was impressed with the wood pile as well!
Post a Comment