Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just for Kicks


I've had long hair for the most of my entire life. Yes, all through my childhood. In fourth grade I cut my own bangs right before picture day. I'm sure my mom was thrilled :) (You are reading this, aren't you?!?!) I continued to be my own stylist - whenever I had a lock that didn't look right or didn't fall in the right place, yep, I'd cut it, make my own random layers without rhyme or reason. This first picture is from the summer before senior year. Yes, this is a good picture (I am so humble) This is probably the tannest I've ever been and my beautiful curly locks are blowing in the breeze.






Aaaaaahhhh, senior year in high school. I cut my hair twice this year, the second time being this - the Meg Ryan cut. Oh this time I actually went to a real stylist (Brittany Wood) and paid her. If anybody has one of my black&white poses, I want a copy! The summer after graduating, I cut it even shorter. Hanging out one night, my friend's boyfriend's sister cut my hair in her mom's kitchen. It was about 2 or 3 inches long all the way around. I'll not post a picture, but I think the words "microphone head" suffice.

College was a time of discovery - semipermanent hair dye, that is. I've always wanted red. In HS, I always used Henna which is a natural plant based dye. It's like giving your hair a mudbath. In college I think it was the Natural Instincts brand with their myriad of colors. I was never one to go lighter. I always wanted red or darker. I did a "Gingerbread" Brown once and one or two other browns.




















Lastly I did the almost nearly black. Ok, so the words "Semi-permanent" don't apply to black on blonde hair. That "washing out" growing out stage was awful. I tried so many things to cover my roots, which looked gray! I dyed it red one last time to even it out in September 1999 and that was the last time I've dyed my hair. I am completely natural hair-colored now. And yes, I have donated twice to Locks of Love which means cutting off at least 10 inches of hair. I would cut up to my shoulders and it would be right at the beginning of a pregnancy, so it would grow back at an alright rate. (Maybe I shouldn't cut my hair now since I'm not pregnant?) The last time Chris actually did the cutting. I thought he was going to cry. I would definately go to a stylist this time around. Anybody got any BC referals? Nicole, do you cut hair? Brittani C. - What are side bangs? I must be totally out of it.
OK, so I'm definately not going short. I just wanted to see what you all would say! :) I want to keep some length and maybe do bangs.




















And as for the Reunion. Chris's parents are coming to visit that weekend. So I'll probably have to catch the 20 year.... The good thing is I do try to keep in touch with the people I want to. And for everybody else, there is blog-stalking (isn't it wonderful?) Two people I haven't seen/heard much about since the HS days are Max and Zack, so if you see them, Autumn, give them my regards.

7 comments:

brittani c. said...

e-mail me, and I will send you some pictures of some examples: britta_wood@hotmail.com

LM said...

You are the exact same size after having 3 children as you were your junior year in high school. That's just sick. Have an ice cream cone for Pete's Sake so the rest of us don't feel so bad!

Jessica B Photography said...

I am nearing thirty. I heard everything goes downhill then. I'm afraid that ice cream will start to catch up to me.

BTW you sure don't look like you've had six kids.

Chris said...

SIX KIDS??!!
(Someone had to say it!)

Now to Jessica. That's right! You’ve still got it.

"And Honey I don't care. I'm not in love with your hair, and I'm gonna be yours till the day that I die!" (Which could be early if you cut it short!)

Nicole said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair you senior year! That short cut fits you perfectly!

Go to the reunion! The game will be where everyone catches up and has a good, sober time. Skip the Ghost Bar. Everyone will be sloppy drunk and falling over by that time. Hit up the game then take your kids for ice cream!

CORDERMAN FAMILY said...

Funny you should post this I am having the same "got to get my hair cut" thoughts right now...just not sure what to do with it. I actually really like the last picture with your hair dark & at shoulder length...hmmm maybe that's what I'll do cut it to shoulder length.+

MaryRC said...

Go and see brittany wood again. shes great! you should go rockstar!