Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Polling

I would make a little sidebar poll, but I want to hear your comments. And these two topics are totally unrelated. I've been thinking about the hair for a while now.


Topic #1 Jess needs new hair. Much to her husband's dismay. Should she:


a) Chop it a la Meg Ryan in City of Angels. That was cute the last time you did it. And you could donate to Locks of Love for the third time.


b) Bangs & Layers - Come on, you want to spend hours on your hair everyday!!





c) Keep it the way it is - You've always been hippie-ish anyways. Put it back in those dreadlocks too!






Topic #2 To Go or Not to Go

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up....

a) Go to everything, including the party at the Ghostbar!

b) Go to the Barbecue & Football game. Even though I only remember going once in high school. Yes, I seriously lacked school spirit.

c) Stay home. Gas is too expensive to be driving all the way into Vegas like that.

11 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

chop your hair and GO to the reunion!

Jessica B Photography said...

It's a good thing you are going, Mrs. I'm On The Committee, otherwise I really wouldn't go!!!!

Chris said...

Why would you ever want to chop your hair? Hair chopping is only valid under extreme medical circumstances.

Why do women always feel like it is their duty to chop their hair off? It is almost the cruelest thing you can do to your husbands!

Most men don't wake up one day and say, "Hmmm, how could I destroy my wife's life and inject 3 years of unnecessary conflict into my marriage today?"

Every single woman does just that when she wakes up and says, "I hate my hair, I should cut it off!"

Fore-warning: When women cut their hair and their husbands say "It's nice!" they are lying. What they are saying is, "I'll be spending as much time out of the home as possible, until the girl I married returns home."

Even the bible talks about women keeping their hair long. 1 Corinthians 11:15
"But if a woman have long hair, it is a GLORY to her"

If you must trim it, then I suppose Farrah Fawcett is acceptable.

And, you should skip the reunion. Besides, if I couldn't go to mine, then it's only fair.

Lara said...

Hmmm...Well, I was going to say "chop it!" but after reading how passionate your husband is about your long hair I changed my mind. And as for the reunion - GO!

LM said...

Chris is so funny. I think I'm going to copy his response and e-mail it to Shawn who feels the exact same way. Hence the longer hair. O.K. Here's the deal. Jessica, I love your hair. What are you thinking? But I know how sometimes we women just need a little change. So do just that. . .a little change. If you think you need something different cut some bangs, but no layers. Layers take forever and I'm trying to grow mine out right now. As soon as I cut layers I totally regretted it. Try straightening it or put it up in a messy bun. I love messy buns because they are an organized mess and so quick and easy. Also, don't waste your time at the bar (no~brainer), but it might be fun to see some old friends at the game. I enjoyed my reunion because people who used to despise me were actually nice. But maybe that was because secretly they were laughing at me. I had just given birth to my 4th child and was seriously over weight. Bummer! At least you have the benefit of still being super skinny! go have a great time. I love your poll. So funny!

Jen said...

Layer it! Long hair with layers and curl like yours is just fabulous. If you're feeling like you need a change, highlight it--that's what I always did when my hair was long but I was bored with it.

And for the reunion, I vote you don't go. I never understood 10 year reunions, and I didn't go to mine two months ago. I figure the people I want to see are still in my life, and other than that it's going to be a bit of a wasted weekend.

Hang out with the drunk people you knew in high school and were happy to leave behind, or stay home and watch a movie and eat popcorn...in your PJs? Hmmmm.

brittani c. said...

I remember fretting over this same situation last year. A new hair cut is fun for awhile but it takes ages for it to grow long again(unless yours grows fast). To keep some peace between you and Chris, keep it long, but put some layers in it. Side bangs are always a fun addition, and they don't take a lot to maintain.
But Chris is being a baby about it, so chop it off if you're feeling brave! I think it would look cute. Really.

Jenny said...

Well, it sounds like if you want to save your marriage, keep your hair long :) But, hair does always grow so....and it was really cute when you chopped it off at Ricks!
The reunion thing, I didn't go to mine, but I spent high school dreaming of leaving, so I didn't care to see anyone I left behind. If there's people you'd want to see, then go...otherwise, the pjs and popcorn at home bit is always nice too!

Cindy said...

Hey-I am with Chris. He loves your hair, so keep it. I love your hair too and wish I had it!!

Reunion-Just take your kids to the game and maybe you will bump into someone! But I agree with Jen, why a 10 year? Save the big one for 20.

Hillary said...

Chris you are funny! It's just hair!

The Meg Ryan hair is really cute and would be really easy to style. Coming from someone who has to straighten their hair, I'd stay away from the layers and straightening. Although I guess if you didn't feel like straightening it that day, you could just go curly (lucky to be you).

As for the reunion, I say you should go...maybe you might reunite with your long lost friend Andrea! At least you have several real friends you could see there rather than old friends you never talk to anymore. How about, if you get to cut your hair then Chris shouldn't have to be dragged to your high school reunion, how's that?

Nicole said...

Ok, I just read everyone's opinion on you hair! You got a lot of advice! So I'll just add my 2cents. I personally loved your hair when you chopped it before. I thought it was adorable on you. You can definitely pull it off! So I would say choppy chop it! BUT. . .I have a feeling you care about your hubby's opinion and will probably leave it long. If you do, just cut some very long layers to give you movement and bounce. So many girls with curly hair like yours get really bored with it because it just hangs there. You need to take a bunch of the weight out so it is effortless and carefree! I wouldn't go too short with the layers to avoid the curly, mushroom effect! But long layers in really curly hair rocks! Just make sure you go to someone who has experience with and is great with long, curly hair. Not just anyone is good with that type of hair. I personally like to stay far away from curls! As for the bangs, I no from experience with a ton of people that if you are not so familiar with bangs, you usually end up getting annoyed and frustrated with them. They are definitely hard to work with and frustrating for a while. Until you are use to them, you might regret it. Everyone thinks bangs just work. They just automatically look good and place themselves perfectly. . . um, no. You have to work them. SO! Think about that sista!

BTW~ When are we hangin out???