Saturday, October 11, 2008

How Much Would You Pay For These Pants?

Let's just say I paid twenty bucks for these pants. They were just my size, broken in in all the right spots, even slightly dirty like they hadn't been washed. (sounds like a steal, eh?)Well, if the pants were twenty bucks, then I got all the rest for free! Yep, that's right! Yard sale!!! Our elementary school PAC had a yard sale as a fundraiser today. First I went right when it started in the freezing coldness of our first official fall day. I picked up the pants, the batman costume and some other winning items and went home $8 less. I went back later thinking, "It should be almost over, I'll go see if there's anything good left." When I got there they were handing out grocery sacks saying "Fill it for a dollar!" I started grabbing and stuffing! I even bought pink onesies just because they were cute! (not because I am expecting! Because I'm not!) I kept grabbing and started calling everyone I knew who I thought wouldn't mind an awesome sale!! (Lara, I'm sorry I didn't call you!) By the time I left, I had already over paid my "dollar a bag" but I felt like I should've given them more (even though I had to borrow cash from my sister just to pay them in the first place). So I did pay $20 for the pants and all this:
My spoils include:
-My new jeans
-8 skirts for Avery
-5 dresses for Benson girl #2
-1 skirt, 1 shorts, 1 shirt for girl #2
-2 pink onesies for girl #2
-1 coverup for girl #2
-8 shirts for Avery to grow into
-2 shirts for me
-small blue suitcase (for newborn portraits of course!)
-3 grape leaf crafty stars
-various brown fabrics perfect for a super cute quilt
-Stone spray paint for Martha Stewart herself
-White elfish princess gown for Avery
-Batman for Jared
-Pink leotard for girl#2
-blue sequin Cowgirl skirt for Avery dress-ups
-Shortalls for Kiefer
-Matching sweatshirt & pants for Kiefer that matches one he has in a 3-6 month size (it's really cute, so I had to grab it!!)
-Striped onesie Kiefer
-BYU sweatshirt Kiefer size
- 5 handsome polos for Jared
-BYU T-shirt Jared size (these are for while watching a game with Dad)
-Zipper tie
-Crazy colored unitard for Avery
-Swimsuit for Avery that she tried on over her clothes
-Pink swimsuit for girl #2
-Pink baby swim hat
-Blue baby t-shirt
-Pink & white fluffy ballet costume (for dress-ups, or maybe for Angie)
-Scholastic Success with 3rd Grade workbook hardly used (If you haven't noticed, I am saving a lot of these things for future use)
-old skool vans for Jared (in like 8 years...they are a size 6.5/women's 8 - I wear 8.5!)
-a pair of Sofft heels - a friend said "Jessica you have to get these! They are $100 shoes!" Why not? They're cute. Stuff them in my bag!
-Pink Jellies for girl #2 or a lucky baby shower recipient
-Brown dress shoes for Kiefer
-Pipe cleaners for kids' crafts
-Christmas balls picked out by Jared
-Brown drapes that I am not sure if I am actually going to use them!
-Italian dress pants, size unknown, who knows if they will actually fit Chris.
-Dickies pants that I gave to my teenage neighbor boys
(unpictured) a "professional" sprayer spraying weedkiller, bug spray, etc.
(and 2 donuts and a water for Jared & Avery who came with me the second time)

Clothing brands not previously mentioned included Gap, Old Navy, Hollister, Nollie, Limited Too, Children's Place, and Carter's. I am so grateful to the wonderful moms who donated such cute clothes and to the moms who ran the whole thing!!!
My favorite purchase. I love random t-shirts. I might be able to squeeze it onto Kiefer still...

11 comments:

Lara said...

Oh CRUM!!!!! I am jealous! Well, you have to keep me posted if something like this happens again. :)

PS Love the pants!

Higham Family said...

Awesome! I love garage sales; I seriously love great deal garage sales! Well done.

April said...

Love, love, love the shirt!

Jen said...

Wow, you made out like a bandit. That's awesome! How exciting. Finding stuff like that makes my month (especially on the first cold say of the month!). And those jeans are very cute on you. Well played.

Hillary said...

Man you got a lot of stuff! I was all excited for my 3 bags of stuff but now I think I should have shopped a little harder. :) That was the best yard sale ever!

MaryRC said...

Man you made a killing. I dont think i couldve found so much even if i tried. thanx for thinkin of me :)

Mary aka Martha

CORDERMAN FAMILY said...

WOW, looks like a great yard sale, I was looking forward to yard-saling on Saturday because there were so many but it just didn't work out. Mason woke up with the flu...poor little thing. Needless to say it was a rough day but she is feeling much better now. Oh well maybe this weekend we can hit the Country Store.

The Jensen Family said...

Wow, you some great finds! I thought I did good until I read your blog!! Well done!

Nicole said...

Holy Crap!!!! Good job! If that wasn't the bargain of the century I don't know what would be!! So. . .this whole baby girl #2 thing . .. . what's that all about???

Jessica B Photography said...

Just planning ahead, girlfriend. Avery does want a baby sister, however, Chris needs to graduate before the next kiddo is born. Now that Kiefer is (basically) one, people ask me all the time when the next one is! Not until at least January of 2009!!!

Chris said...

Poor The Next One. She's going to be so far away from Kiefer that we'll have tohurray and get Another One to be her friend. Sad.